fine artist, deirdre daw (my sister)

my sister's is kind of a really big deal.
and i'm not just saying that because, she's my sister. she seriously is. deirdre is one of the major influences in the ceramic art field. here are some pieces from the santafeclay.com site-(which i've added so you can see her work photographed by a professional)
deirdre has taught in the bay area at some of the most prestigious art schools (CCA for one) for many years. her work resides in museums and private collections all over the world. this weekend her work was made part of the permanent collection at the new (and incredibly beautiful) de young museum in san francisco. this is the piece:
and we were there to watch her adoring fans....adore her. here she is signing autographs...
when we weren't attending gallery showings, we had a great time, running around our beloved city, having great meals and playing with friends (acting like a total loose cannon)

Comments

Style Court said…
Talent runs in your family! You, your dad, your sister. Thanks for letting us know about your connection.
Anonymous said…
Megan, so cute, love the photos. Congrats to Deirdre. I'll have to go and see her piece at the De Young.
* Dierdre Does de Young *

okay, maybe not exactly clever but certainly a silly nod to an amazing high point for the Daw family. Thanks for sharing it with all of us, Megan. Creativity clearly runs in your genes.
Anonymous said…
Beautiful work. My husband and I try to visit Santa Fe as often as we can.(We dream about living there). I will check out your sisters work the next time I am there.
Unknown said…
How awesome or your sis - she is obviously very talented. I like the whimsical quality of her work. you must be super proud.
Decorno said…
Is that the future husband???

Hubba hubba. That's all I gots to say.
Courtney said…
You both have the most beautiful smiles - and teeth! How cute are those pictures?! Great post and congrats to your sister.
Michelle said…
oh wow, beautiful things, talented sisters are great.
Mrs. Blandings said…
Looks like a great trip in every way. Big family fun.
Unknown said…
I think talent oozes in your family!!
katiedid said…
What a family! It's nice to see all the support. And in the De Young yet. Yowza!
Anonymous said…
You two apples fell right next to each other off the Daw Tree. I'm happy for you and her that you could be there to cheer her on! And I'm really happy for Dawdra Dear that it's big, official and permanent. She's one of the kindest, most generous and self-deprecating and humble people I know, but she's also easily one of the most talented.

And she's lucky to have you for her baby sister!

Rock on with your bad selves, you!
design dna said…
how EXCITING! i can just imagine the moment of looking through the glass at your own or your families work. i'm sure you are all proud enough to pop! congratulations.
cotedetexas said…
omg - how wonderful! I can't even begin to imagine the conceptualization (sp? idiot) that went into those pieces. Very, very impressive. Your smile and teeth - so gorgeous. And then, there's your poor, poor brother. ahhahaha, too funny! Have you ever seen the costumes called American Tourists? Same kinda deal, big, wide hips, funny funny costumes. glad you're back!
bridgmanpottery said…
Your sister IS a big deal, but you'd never know it because she is so wonderful and personable. I am privileged to work with her at the Brooks Museum in Memphis, and speaking as a young potter, she has taught me more in months than many other teachers I've had.

Popular Posts