oh deer me

I know, I know. The whole antler thing has pretty much gone suburban (it's in every catalog these days) That's not a bad thing necessarily. It's just that it's not as novel as it once was. White resin casts are everywhere. For instance, you can buy this beautiful faux bois, cast resin mirror at west elm. Gorgeous. When I started looking for your basic antlers to hang in an unused, neglected space for a client, all that I could find were price tags ($400 and up) that were a bit ridiculous for a trend. In comes collections etc. ("nothing under 20$!!") a funny little catalog that I received one day in the mail. I found these antlers in dark brown and spray painted them white. I believe I spent a total of $10.00 (paint included) and really, that's all a trend is worth. Adjacent to this wall, I painted a black board. The space is now a big memo board for the client. I'm hoping to frame art, personal photos and ephemera to surround this little guy. I'd also like to put in a lucite peekaboo table by cb2 seen here. By the way, what do you think this is supposed to be an antler from? a jackalope?

Comments

** Terramia ** said…
Looks fabulous... love the juxtaposition of the chalkboard and nature piece (a la antlers!). Tres cool!
Anonymous said…
Really nice looking Megan, great colors. i love chalk board walls.
Anonymous said…
Difficult to find on collections, etc. site. Any clues?
72 and sunny said…
sparkie, uh oh. maybe i bought them out of these little guys (i made a large, quantity purchase) I do have one, that's been painted, that i'd be happy to sell to you if you'd like.let me know!
Anonymous said…
Interested but can't find your email address. Lemme know. Thanks for checking back.
72 and sunny said…
sparkie you can email me here:

beachungalow8@gmail.com
72 and sunny said…
actually, use this address


meganmacivor@gmail.com

thanks!

Popular Posts