uno mas

uno mas before i get back to bin-ness...... delta. sigh. it's obvious, my feelings on this matter.
enough said.
the dominican republic is a fantastic place to visit. once there, the beauty of the country, the geniality of the people and the gorgeous ocean had me sucked in. simply beautiful. mid-day lightening storms gave way to hot, clear skies and balmy nights. great food, great conversation with friends long into the night, romps in the surf and on the surf, not very good shopping but lots of good eats and drinks. and forever great memories.
'adjustment of bertebrades'
surf school in the mango groves.
german surf instructor (on right) hey, marcus, if you're reading this, i owe you $20.00. sorry, couldn't find you before i left.
beautiful beach in cabarete. hundreds of kite surfers. they look just like butterflies (well, i mean if you squint)
beautiful people of sosua
back to reality!

Comments

cotedetexas said…
Glad you made it home and had a great time! How was Oscar's? And thanks for the heads up on Delta. That's why I always fly Southwest Airlines, never crashes, always there.


Joni
72 and sunny said…
never made it to oscar's :( couldn't even make a connection. you know someone that could give me an entree? i have no pull over there. i tried....for about a day. we were staying in the ozarks of the d.r. which is to say, that oscar's was about a 2 hour drive away.
Oh, you've sold me...I wanna go now!

~Kate
Unknown said…
I am so glad you finally made it and had a wonderful time! I'm pleased that you think fondly of Atlanta even though you got "stuck" in our lovely city. It was so nice to meet you at Mojito's at the Wyndham Hotel. Many thanks for the hair color tips!
72 and sunny said…
oh i must leave a comment regarding the pejorative sounding statement: 'stuck in atlanta' i thoroughly loved atlanta! i look forward to going back. the lovely summer rain was a treat (truly) we met so many nice people. i only wish we had more time to check out the shops and the neighborhoods.
I'm so glad you like DR, I live in Santiago the 2nd city... And not because I live here, Cabarete and Sosúa are my fav beaches =)

Rocío

Popular Posts