Sunday, July 8, 2007

scarf it down

in the 80s, my friends and i just loved the look of the triangle folded scarf tied 'round our cashmere-crew neck sweater (from 'tweeds'). we liked to wear this look with a nice tapered, acid washed marthe et gribaud jean and mias. we knew how to work a scarf. and we owned that look. just like i owned my assymetrical bob. now, just when i thought i knew how to really work a vintage scarf, by giving it a hip modern look---out rolls, candice held an L.A. designer who reworks, vintage scarves into one of a kind dresses and tops. the stock changes daily, so you have to check back frequently


style court said...

this is great megan!

Charlee Palmer said...

You cannot believe the instant fashion memories that flooded me when I read "Tweeds". Didn't we all want to look like the girls in the catalogs walking down narrow streets in Italy? Thanks!

The Peak of Chic said...

Scary- I hadn't thought of Tweeds in YEARS! But they did have some cute stuff! Thanks for the memories!

beachbungalow8 said...

i tried to ebay 'tweeds' once just to see what came up. nothing.

Turquoise said...

I LUV that green top, thank you for sharing!

beachbungalow8 said...

that green top is stellar. the bottom dress pretty much rocks too. i love the scarf with the dress. now i just need to get that walk down.

the B to the Log

it's all about me, really.

My photo
Manhattan Beach, California, United States
editor | interior designer | podcast personality | social media pollinator