Monday, September 10, 2007

jillian kogan...wowza

jillian kogan is an fellow angelino possessing wizardly ways with the paint, fabric, leather, coffee beans- and whatever else inspires.
she's been doing these reinterpretations of the california state flag. and they're so fabtastic. (love that american pop/abstract impressionism is still alive and kicking). looky:
my favorite:
and they're big. which is great. big art is great. makes such a dramatic statement in any size room. (this is a shot of an interior by betsy burnham featured in house beautiful- 2006- can we stop for a moment and discuss how lovely that grey and yellow looks together? nice job on the cieling too)
so here's what she just sent me. a sneak peak of a new piece.
girlfriend. that's insane. those are shells. ! .
you can read more about her, contact her and even comission a piece by going to her website jilliankogan.com

3 comments:

Cote de Texas said...

I love this! Love the room too. I adore yellow and gray. My walls are a brownish yellow with gray trim. I did that in a client's house and then had to copy it my own. I had never had yellow walls before, but now I crave the combo.

LIBERTY POST EDITOR said...

This is incredible art. I've been doing some pieces of the Canadian Flag and it always 'spooks me out' reading your blog. Just this afternoon I was purchasing British flags to age and incorporate into a canvas. I am freaked out right now. Every time I think of new work, I see some kind of reference on your blog. What's up with that? There is synchronicity between bloggers.

beachbungalow8 said...

liberty, isn't that funny? i feel like i do that with other bloggers too! i think i'm being so original. i post and then do my skipping around to other blogs, only to find the exact same stuff!

the B to the Log

it's all about me, really.

My photo
Manhattan Beach, California, United States
editor | interior designer | podcast personality | social media pollinator