urbanic paper boutique

abbott kinney is a main corridor in venice beach. a street named for the man who developed this area at the turn of the century. a man with a vision of creating the canals of venice italy right here in southern cal. over the years, it's had it's ups and downs (dogtown it was once called)
in the more recent years, venice has become one of the coolest little areas in l.a. so many hip, innovative and creative shops. i go there and always leave inspired. which is why when it came to choosing the perfect wedding invites, this is exactly where i headed. urbanic. love the name, love the proprietress love the shop.
this little shop is like falling into graphic art heaven. a true boutique. owner, audrey woollen, has an incredible eye for buying. i never seem to be able to leave this den of paper-love without a little purchase. a candle here, a great, accordion folder there....just great stuff!
she carries every happening, now stationary designer. she carries, moleskins in various colors, incredible yummy candles, hable construction date books, russel+hazel products galore, baby items by dwell, a VAST card line and SO much more.
cute shop right? you just know, a place like this is not going to do you wrong when it comes to finding the perfect wedding invitation that's young, super art directed and so high-end.
urbanic paper boutique 1644 abbott kinney blvd venice beach, ca 90291 310-401-0427 monday - saturday 11:00-7:00 p.m. sundays 11:00-6:00 p.m.

Comments

Dangerous! I looooooove stylish paper and invite shops. I could spend several happy hours here...
/// said…
I LOOOOVE Urbanic! And is that the Binth baby book I see in the last photo? IT IS!

Love it.
Anonymous said…
That looks like such a cute shop, and I love the photos of Venice Beach. Now I want go there!
Style Court said…
can't wait to see what you select megan :)
Unknown said…
Thanks for this photo journaling! I live in La Habra now, but I grew up in Long Beach and recently moved from Lakewood. Venice is not that far away. I didn't know this existed! I will have to check it out!

KJ
franki durbin said…
oh it looks like heaven! the next time I'm in your area I definitely need to stop in to this shop. So... what did you find for your invites? :) I'm sure it will be as chic as ever.

Popular Posts