i'm not the kind of person who has a wedding album sitting on the coffee table. i really don't even 'do' framed wedding pictures. it's just not me. but i love the visual record of the event and so, as promised, here is my wedding book share.a few notes:
- the flowers, came and were so completely 'no bueno'. i was given everything that i explained, i did not want: ferns, roses big hand blown vases. which meant that at the last minute i turned into freak bride and started ripping apart the arrangements screaming 'no bueno' (a nice joan crawford moment actually) and with the help of friends and family, we rebuilt something acceptable. we still had ferns and roses however, very few table arrangements and i had no bouquet. the men's orchids came shoved into one of those green water tubes. somebody, at the last minute stuck it into nick's pocket. in retrospect, we both think he could have done without.
- that damn runner. someone was off on the length of the table. so the runner became a centerpiece. i was probably the only one who knew or even cared.
- the wedding cake was a sad, melted, toppled over blob of fondant. and it tasted like ghetto koolade (water and sugar) which was really fine, because it arrived about 2 hours into the dinner. most people i think forgot.
- we couldn't have had more insane weather. beautiful, breezy and warm.
- we had whales. every 5 minutes, you'd see an enormous whale just beyond the break. it was the best whale watching i think any of us had ever experienced
- i realize that this was my own wedding, but i have never been a part of something that was so full of love and support. our friends and family, are incredible. old friends met new friends and it became one big love fest.
- and finally, i have to thank the guys for allowing me to dress them in pink and bow ties. you all looked quite dapper. the gals, thank YOU for rolling with the outfits, some of you never getting to try on or see them before the wedding. you were brave.
- i'd do it all again , not changing a thing (ok, maybe i wouldn't throw a tantrum over the flowers next time. that was a little embarrassing.)
btw, i didn't intentionally add that music feature and now....i can't get it off.