ebay ~ find, loss and win

last week, i hopped over to ebay as i am want to do from time to time.
FOUND:
....and forgot to BID!!! i slimply forgot to click on that final, 'confirm bid' link. i got distracted or something. $20.00 + shipping. seriously? $20.00 dollars for the pair? and i forgot to place my bid? i could cry.
LOST: pair of vintage, blanc de chine pagoda lamps. i sort of knew when i put my highest bid at $157.97 ...that i might not be the proud owners of these tony duquette-esque beauties. i just flat out lost. they ended up going for a bit over $300.00 dollars.
at last, a taste of victory.....
WON:
i finally 'won' a pair of boots that i've been coveting since seeing them on a hip little shop girl up in hollywood. vintage etienne aigner 'riding' boots. lil' bit excited 'bout this ebay nugget.

Comments

Mrs. Blandings said…
I have riding boots on my wish list, too. You were so lucky to "win" these.
Jessie said…
Ok, these boots are to DIE FOR! Seriously. Love. Heading over to ebay STAT!
Anonymous said…
OMG!!! Those lamps are to DIE FOR!! $20???!!!! What a STEAL!
Style Court said…
Great pagoda lamps -- too bad. But congrats on the boots.
Teal Chic said…
congrats on the boots, they're gorgeous!!! imagine all the outfits you can pair them with! :)
72 and sunny said…
!yay! my boots. can't wait to tuck my jeans in them. hopefully, it won't get too hot in the next few weeks.

kerith: i was driving along today and had one of those total *boink* moments....those could have been mine FOR TWENTY DOLLARS.
Rielah said…
I was bidding on those same pagoda lamps! I got into a bidding war and then I decided that I can't pay more than $300 for them. Wah! Luckily I found these kwan yin blanc de chine lamps that I won instead. But those pagodas still haunt me.
Anonymous said…
If you moved back to SF you could wear those boots all year without worrying about the heat.

Popular Posts