patio culture

last winter, my friends, greg and jen, offered me a vintage, iron patio dining set. i enthusiastically accepted it with the promise that i would give it a fresh coat of paint, some lovely fabric for the chair cushions.....and we would spend many a warm evening around it with good food, friends and wine. and so today, i made a little trip to one of my favorite exterior design shops to pick up some fabric. patio culture. not that i really need a reason to visit karla stevens' beautiful shop on abbot kinney. walking in there gives me the total 'i'm on vacation vibe'. it truly is an oasis of loveliness. from the moment you step up, on to the wide, front steps, and in through the french doors, *breathe* you are instantly transported, immediately taken to...where? the bahamas? florida? italy? a little beach bungalow that has been given a wash of white and then loaded up with the most charming furniture (some vintage, some new) and top of the line, beautiful outdoor fabrics. the back of the shop houses the fabric library. sit at the apple green painted pic-nic table and peruse the vast array of prints. i dare you to try and make a final choice. it's torture. you know a space is working for you when you instantly become inspired (driving home i decided that i want to totally white out my own house. floors, walls...the whole thing. this probably won't happen any time soon. but it's that kind of a shop) scattered throughout the shop is art by area artists. like these beautiful tiles by venice artist, Steve Fleitzseen here coasters by one of my favorites, 'bueller designs' : gorgeous light fixtures by moth design: these lanterns are the best. i may need a few for my new dining table.as well as fun little things to complete your own little patio culture. *don't miss karla and her shop, in this month's coastal living magazine.

Comments

Courtney said…
I love this concept and the thought of having a go-to spot just for outdoor fabrics makes me swoon. Thanks for sharing inside photos...I've been dying to know what it looks like inside!
miss sunrise said…
I love! I'm going to visit their website immediatly! Hope everything is ok for you....
cotedetexas said…
Hi - what a great place. There's a picture missing though - is that of your table outside? jw. and thanks for getting rid of that spam blocker. freedom!!! one more that I convincec! I'm out to save the world from those number things.
katiedid said…
What a cute shop! I have seen the exterior before but not the interior. Thanks! I have loved those Moth light fixtures for so long....I'm going to have to get a little savings plan going for those.
katiedid said…
What a cute shop! I have seen the exterior before but not the interior. Thanks! I have loved those Moth light fixtures for so long....I'm going to have to get a little savings plan going for those.
Anonymous said…
If I could, I'd hop on a plane to cross the country today...that shop is exactly my style! Thank you so much for sharing!!
This is quite possibly the best idea for a shop ever. Even the name is perfect.
Teal Chic said…
I love the white chairs, and teal cushions!!!! What a great store.
Style Court said…
you captured such great views megan. so fresh and vibrant. love the personal tour.
cassandra said…
ohhh... yes yes yes! i love this shop. everytime i'm there, i kinda just want to pull up a lounge chair on the porch and never leave. she should start serving cool iced tea and vodka lemonade in the summer... hmmm...

ps - the info on our blogger meet-up is on my page if you didn't get the email! check it out, and i hope you can make it! :)

Popular Posts