fer the luva....

Scream, originally uploaded by Mareen Fischinger.

i'm back! yes, i'm back. "the cape" {to answer many of your email questions} is 'cape cod' and it was simply, wonderful. weather, friends, family, all perfection. and dear boston, my once home, is still lovely and beautiful. and i will be posting a few photos......

WHEN MY MAC IS FIXED. i came home to find my mac {a relatively new i mac} with a blank screen save for an ominous blinking folder with a question mark. not good. call apple care protection. right? in theory, great idea. but in reality, they can't really help me. you see, when you buy an i mac, it comes without any disks to help you in this time of disappearing hard drives. i would need to haul it into my local apple store. and guess what. apple stores are a bit busy right now. new iphones and all.
really?
what 'genius' at mac thought that customer service move up? 'tell the frustrated mac user that we can't be bothered with their petty problems because we have billions of dollars to make off of a new product. in fact, tell them that we can't help them because we're crazy busy selling the new iphone' ~ yes, really, use that term, 'crazy busy' they'll totally understand the idea of 'opportunity lost'
mean while i'm pounding this out on a p.c. {p.c. to mac is as tin can and string is to phone}
om. breathe in. breathe out.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Personally, I don't really like Macs, they're nice to look at but they have so many little quirks that just don't suit the regular user (did you know you can't update Macs? The actual brain of them, anyways...you have to just replace them!).

I hate computer issues! I feel for ya!
Dianne said…
Personally, I don't know a mac that hasn't been finicky. My good ole PC performs on command like a good boy!lol
Anonymous said…
I was in New York on Friday, the day of the big iphone launch, and happened to walk by the Apple store on Fifth avenue. There were two rows of apple employees flanking either side of the entrance/exit (kind of like red rover, red rover, send apple right over) who were cheering people as they left the store with their new iphone. I was so embarrassed for them...it was all such a ridiculous spectacle. The clapping line was a waste of twelve or so employees who could have been helping, oh say, people whose imacs had crashed.
Marilyn Eakin said…
Aw. I feel your pain, even though I avoid Macs as much as I can. Whatever they platform, computer issues suck.
cotedetexas said…
I tried to use a Mac for about a year and just gave up - I could never get use to all the terminology - never could figure out leopard and safari and just all those terms. and major problems with emailing attachments.


glad you are back!!!
Anonymous said…
I'm so glad you're back! Remember my hard drive failed 5 mos after the warranty ended? My solution... march into the Apple Store with brilliant "mac-sage" (really, that's his email!) buddy in tow and let him do the techno-geek talk whilst you hip-shift and exhale and bat eyelashes at the appropriate times. Oh, being super sexist here, make sure you get a male "Genius" at the bar. They charged me for the new hd, but not the labor... hey, saved me 180 bucks. Of course, this can only happen for you after they've sold out of the new iphones. I'll keep breathing with you. k
katiedid said…
Aw crap. I know how you feel. I would probably be posting twice as often if not for my pc and slow as he** DSL. Cable here I come.
katiedid said…
PS....glad you are back! Hope the cape was grrrreat!
Anonymous said…
I'm a new Mac user and you guys are scaring me....cut it out! ♥♥♥
Charlesbcoburn said…
ha ha! that sounds like my favorite experience with my mac. some how someone up in the mac world decided that it would be cool to re-design all the mac stores in my area (that's 4) at the SAME time. that's when my power cord decided to fry. though after a 2 day wait the 'genius' was sweet and helpful in suggesting that i could come to the store anytime i wanted to charge my computer (um... i work from home... on my computer... all day) they could not however supply me with a new power cord because mac was back ordered 6-8 weeks. can you imagine me trucking down to the store, baby in arms??? aiy.
72 and sunny said…
generally speaking, i love mac. my parents actually had a mac when i was 12. it wasn't much more than a typewriter and 'pong' player. but it's all that i know. and really user friendly. which is good for someone like me.

but BACKUP your hard drive. always.

Popular Posts