Thursday, August 21, 2008

lykke li

my friend becky just reminded me how much i like this girl.
she's a total freak with such a great look and great music. love her.
{who's the little androgynous, simian edie sedgwick character snapping in the background? update: i've been informed }
one more observation~ look at those cool silver staffordshire dogs and birds behind her in the very beginning. I want those.


BonjourBruxelles said...

I have never heard of this Lykke Li. Thanks for exposure.....those Scandinavians, I tell ya - they do know how to make great music, in their off-beat homogeneous way (Bjork, Sigur Ros, and last year's Peter, Paul and John, etc.)

Anonymous said...

HI - I am a lurker on your blog but when I saw that you posted about Lykke Li I knew I should say something - I saw her perform a few months ago in NY and she is just as big of a freak when she sings live but a fun performer.


beachbungalow8 said...

oh, good news. because if i went to see her, 'live' i'd want her to be a freakshow.

did she have some mad fabulous outfit going on? i like her make up too.

hbomb said...

Do you remember the pop singer Robyn and her song Show me Love from the early 90's? Yep, that's the androgynous snapping simian in the background!

beachbungalow8 said...

I never would have seen that.

Jozette said...

I've never heard of her before... after watching this video I love!!! Going to find more...

nebraska roots said...


the B to the Log

it's all about me, really.

My Photo
Manhattan Beach, California, United States
editor | interior designer | podcast personality | social media pollinator