mixed tape monday ~the finale

MixwitMixwit make a mixtapeMixwit mixtapes
Last week, as we drove up to the mountains, I sat passenger side scrolling through emails on my phone, smiling, as I read comments, laughing to myself {my friends are funny}, wondering what is wrong with all of us and this facebook phenom..... and then quietly gasping.
"We regret to announce that Mixwit will cease to exist at the end of the year.The website and profiles will be turned off around Dec 27th and all embedded widgets will stop playing before the end of December."
And so it's over.
No more Sunday evenings spent locked in my room, homework done, lying on the floor, headphones on, album covers strewn over the floor. Finding that perfect line up of songs, that soundtrack for the week ahead~ music that fights the Monday blues while embracing the 'do over' chance of a new week.
over.
No more, chic rock. no more, rough voiced, vaguely euro, angst filled, crooners to share with you. Thank you for kindly being such a receptive audience to the mixed tapes.
And thank you for all of your great suggestions.
It was great fun while it lasted. and now slacker~blogger, best get back to writing posts on Monday.

Comments

Karena said…
Very enjoyable while it lasted Megan!
Lovebird said…
Bummer.....I always looked forward to listening to your tapes:(
elly e said…
This makes my heart hurt. Now I have to hit up itunes this week. What happened to good old quality music for free for Mondays. Thanks for sharing the great hits to brush aside the monday blue. Guess its back to Pandora Mon-Fri.

Tear-
Kristen said…
I'm SO bummed. My husband and I were without power for 10 days and guess what I said after the 2nd or 3rd day??? I miss Mixwit. Hahahaha! He got a chuckle out of that. Why oh why? I really liked Mixwit. : ( I also really enjoyed your mixes. Sad, sad times.
Anonymous said…
what a bummer..this was something i loved every monday to play while i read my blogs and drank my tea!!
you gotta figure out another way to do it?! there has to be someone who does the same thing!
Anonymous said…
booooooooohoooooooo - I only just discovered the mixwit wonder . . .

Popular Posts