Monday, December 8, 2008

mixed tape monday

huh. guess i poked the proverbial bee hive last week. that tartan, it's some seriously caustic stuff. what I have learned: people have deep convictions about the plaid. do not bring your dislike for tartan up at dinner parties {try something like, "gay marriage-yes/no" instead~much less controversial} tartan is not for everyone. most people love tartan. and finally, dusty rose is a charming color.
queue the music
1. MC Solaar - La Belle et le Bad Boy
2. Metric - Don't Think Twice, It's Alright
3. Yann Tiersen-Shannon Wright - Dragon fly
4. Beirut - Nantes
5. Neutral Milk Hotel - Communist Daughter
6. Sufjan Stevens - Romulus


Thankful Paul said...


An Aesthete's Lament said...

LOL, lovely music list, by the way.

Mrs. Blandings said...

You had to just touch it with your toe just one more time, didn't you? :)

simply seleta said...

OMG love that first song. LOVE!!!! Going to try and find it now on itunes.

Karena said...

You are the best Megan! A great sense of humor will get all of us through the wintry weather and economy. PS I love my chenille and faux fur cozy throws this time of year.

beachbungalow8 said...

mrs b~ you know me. i just can't help nudging the hive once it's fallen to the ground. just to see if i can get one last buzz.

Seleta~ how great is MC Solaar. Also try IAM. They're a bit more hardcore french rap, but great workout music if you're into it.

i'm looking at that new neutral, 'dusty rose' in a whole different light. will it replace the cameo pink of last season? so much to ponder in these dark winter months. said...

Too funny! I went to Catholic school and I have an aversion to some plaids. Oh well.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

I am giggling.

Melissa said...

yay me! I know TWO artists on this playlist. That is a first! Love love love MC Solaar.

ps- best thing about the tartan post was the nightgown. haha

pret-a-party said...

GREAT mix this week. LOVE MC Solaar. :)

the B to the Log

it's all about me, really.

My photo
Manhattan Beach, California, United States
editor | interior designer | podcast personality | social media pollinator