get out of the way I'm trying to look at your place

In case you missed this, like you: I'm a voyeur. Not a A nosy Parker, just an observer. I really don't care to know much about your personal details, I just want to see into your house. See what you have going' on in there. What colors you've chosen, what art work you have hanging, nothing too personal. Thanks to reality T.V., now I can enjoy my sport from the comforts of my sofa.
The last two weeks on bravo's RHONYC, we've been given, annoying glimpses and out of focus shots of Kelly Bensimon's NYC apartment. You'd think this denizen of fabulosity world, would have her houses splashed all over the shelter rags. If she has, I can't find much on them. I did, however, find a few scans from an old Instyle magazine with a view of those pink sofas and that life sized horse sculpture {which she acquired from the Met}
the horse is actually pretty amazing.
some are tired of pink, or merely don't do pink. Personally, I'd love a couple of big pink sofas. Could do without the zebra.
check out that palladian* window.
I swear, the chairs she has around her dining table, now, look like they're antique Louis chairs with faded, mis-matched velveteen. But these are equally cool. {yes, of course, I paused the scene}
oh and here are a few lame pictures of her house in the Hamptons. I say "lame" because I want more. This doesn't really cut it.
zzz.
can we get on with the tour now...
beautiful children in French, lawn cloth dresses.
green, painted floors. green, yellow and one blue taper. starck 'la marie' chairs:
I have a feeling this house some much better photo ops.
But, I totally understand..it's a privacy thing. *ok, before you jump all over my ass, not technically 'palladian' but it sounded better than 'cool window with the arch'
all images from bensimon's website.

Comments

Karena said…
So cool, I have been watching her on the Real Housewives of New York City. I know... I feel like a voyeur just watching the show.
Tiffani said…
Great post! I am a big fan of RHONYC and totally curious about Kelly's apartment myself. They don't show enough of it on the show!! I didn't even think about check out her website.

xo
SGM said…
I too like the pink, and I like the zebra, but not next to each other. Too Victoria's Secret dressing room.

I do not like the horse! (and I don't like the life-sized one from the met either--hee hee)
Unknown said…
This is great, though like you, I wish there were more images. I love her apartment. The dark floors, stark white walls, and the arched window are fabulous. Her Hamptons house looks amazing, too.
Courtney said…
I want the horse and her legs. Does that make me creepy?
Unknown said…
That horse totally reminds me of Nathaniel on Top Design and his room for a spoiled brat on the UES...not much of a stretch I suppose.
Great post for us voyeurs! I love seeing how all of the Real Housewives on Bravo live. When I lived in New York I used to walk by all the brownstones and town homes and try to peek in the windows to get a glimpse of how much better their home was than my tiny apartment. Love your blog!
thebubbreport said…
As soon as I saw that horse I thought "I've seen this apt before, and it looked much better in print." I searched on PointClickHome half the day, sure it was Elle Decor or maybe Met Home. Then with a better google search, I found you - Thanks!

I think it might be called a Norman window? I remember the name from an impossible High School calculus problem, not from architecture school!

becky
I'm all about the palladian window and the exterior of the house behind the little french children. :)
Karena said…
TRHONYC is like Meow, Meow! Of course all of the city series are, it really is a riot, and I am just happy I don't have friends (I hope) like them. Love the fashions and interiors!
rikshaw design said…
you crack me up! i love getting more info on her..now that she is being such a "private person" with her name et all..
i think she is a bitch to her kids though..
my 2 cents!
72 and sunny said…
I don't know what it is {and I'm probably in the minority} but she doesn't bug.

why is she on this show again?
katiedid said…
Thanks for the images! I have been very curious. Agree about the zebra....but I do like the horse! Call me crazy. Wish there were more of the Hamptons house. But she does bug....anyone that calls childhood arthritis "cute" bugs. Maybe she didn't mean it like that....but it just proves she wasn't paying attention.
72 and sunny said…
oh I forgot about that Katie,

I hope, for her sake, that cloying remark was made out of being put on the spot {or whatever was going on there} it was pretty cringe inducing~ I have to agree.

I can never tell how much of the 'crazy antics' bravo has a hand in. I'm sure much of it.
Sarah's Fab Day said…
Totally off subject but doesn't it look like she just finished with a deep facial peel everytime she's on air? Her face always looks so red.
Anonymous said…
Thanks for posting pics! I watch the show too and am in complete and utter love with really dark hardwood floors, so her apartment gave me those really good "shivers"!

But I do think she is an odd-ball! She's missing something in the personality department in my opinion. And if you want privacy, by all means stay away from reality tv shows!
When I lived in D.C. I used have a touch of the "voyeur" in me myself. I would escape my basement apartment and wonder around Georgetown. I was so curious about what gorgeousness could be found in the endless rows of elegant row houses. Great post!
SweetHome said…
I love Kelly's house as well! I was so excited to learn she was on this season's RHONY. I dug through my old Domino magazines to find the one that featured her home.
SweetHome said…
I love Kelly's house as well! I was so excited to learn she was on this season's RHONY. I dug through my old Domino magazines to find the one that featured her home.
Anonymous said…
Nice homes, ugly, ugly behavior.
And so it goes. . .
franki durbin said…
I'm a latecomer to the NY girls. but I have to say.. I love them! They are far more interesting to me than any of the other cities. I hear RHofDallas is coming. Rumor? Possibly!
soodie :: said…
Love the house. However, haunted and creeped out by last night's episode showing the spat b/t Bethenny and Kelly. That was worse than anything I witnessed in high school. Surprised Kelly didn't start pulling hair.
Unknown said…
each picture in this post is more beautiful than the next! i am loving the windows...if only i could install them in my house!
xox

Popular Posts