be still life

rhubarb tea lara ferroni
Isn't summer supposed to be a time to slow down? Sip lemonade while sitting on a front porch. Listen to a baseball game on a tinny transistor over the hum of cicadas while eating blueberry buckle? whatever that is.
blueberry buckle- cook's illustrated
I'm almost there. For those of you not following along on facebook, at the end of May, my husband snapped his Achilles tendon...in half. I looked at him as we sat at the Orthopedic surgeon's, and just said, 'You're doing too much. This is someone's way of saying, 'S L O W D O W N' Of course, he never took my advice.
charity shop- kay loves vintage
Today, I went out to my car to find a nice fat bolt, complete with washer, jammed into my rear tire. As I sat there looking , feeling a bit deflated myself, I realized that this too was someone's way of saying, ' S L O W D O W N'
martha stewart living 6/09- photo, peter murdock
and so with only mere weeks left of this summer of '09. I have officially arrived, in summer time.

Comments

cotedetexas said…
I thought you were taking a break!
M.Lane said…
Great thoughts. Welcome to summer!

ML
mlanesepic.blogspot.com
dee said…
This post really resonates with me today, as I sit here with a broken foot and a 7-month prego belly, unable to do half of what I planned for on my never-ending to-do list! I hope you and your husband really do take it easy. xo
Meg said…
Enjoy every minute! Breathe, rest!!! ;) (I think I need to listen to those words myself, I'm always a million miles a minute!:))
Sarah's Fab Day said…
Sorry about the bolt in you tire. The worst.

Enjoy your last weeks of summer you deserve it!
Mrs. Blandings said…
I think I found you smack dab in the middle - is that right? I am just hitting the slow part of summer myself. I'm not sure my children are finding quite as much joy in it as I am.
Petunia Face said…
Ugh--so sorry to hear about, well, both things. My brother snapped his Achilles tendon in half when he was 12. A concrete bus bench fell on over on him. I can't even imagine the pain.

Anyway, inhale pink, exhale blue. And a happy {slow} summer to you :)
Karena said…
It can be so hard to slow down, and just enjoy and "be". I get restless though and my mind will start racing with a new idea for art and I am up and going.
TERI REES WANG said…
Ah, man!

you to need to find a hammock! ;P

Be well. Live well. ..and be done.
Anonymous said…
It sounds like you could use a hug, a glass of wine and a little bit of RnR...we all have days (and unfortunately weeks) likes these from time to time...here is a virtual hug coming your way....

Tricia - Avolli
Rachel said…
I'm sorry to hear about your husband's tendon! I hope he's well on the mend.

I don't know, I feel like I've just sped up lately! But, hopefully in the fall, they'll slow down a little more and I'll be able to relax and enjoy football on the weekends!
Connie Curran said…
Oh my-I was on that swim team-standing next to T.J. Johnson. Love your blog!
72 and sunny said…
connie, thank you for your reading bb8, first of all, and second of all... I know you! I have that photo because I'm in it! So is my brother on the same row as TJ I think 3 in.

Popular Posts