Yard Sale, L.A. designer style

Imagine if you stumbled across one of those 10 family yard sales that didn't include, weird pilly clothes, and faded plastic toy, but maybe gorgeous designer chosen, lamps, art, rugs, side tables etc...
Imagine if you will, that the yard sale location was not at the end of a cul de sac but in the back yard of an adorable Cape Cod style house just a few blocks from Venice beach.
And then let's just further imagine that instead of 10 families, it was a group of designers, all of whom you've read about in shelter magazine, seen their work and drooled over their homes.
Imagine no more, because Saturday August 8th {10-4}, this dream is a reality.
say what??? No, seriously, check this out:
The Designer Tag Sale will be an interior designer yard sale/tag sale hosted by entrepreneur Amy Swift (www.smartypeople.com), which will include ten of Los Angeles’s top designers selling items from their personal inventories including small furniture such as side-tables, lamps, rugs, pillows, art, accessories and more at incredibly low prices! Nothing will be over $200, and prices will run as low as $5.
Are you freaking out a little? Feeling your breathe get a little more shallow? wait, listen who's involved in this little shenanigan.....
The following interior designers are confirmed: Molly Luetkemeyer, Ron Woodson, Jamie Rummerfield, Lindsey Dann Miller, Vanessa De Vargas, Paula Smail, Carla Lane, Jennifer Culp, Michelle Workman, Krista Ewart, Kelly Van Patter, Erica Islas, Janamor Decor and Stephanie Visser. Gift bags will be offered to the first thirty attendees including gift certificates, coupons, and other fun items. Any left-over designer inventory will be donated to a local Los Angeles women’s shetler. Entry fee is $10.
You can bet I'll be there. 5:00 am sharp. Pink foam curlers and slippers.
for more info see the official blog:
designer tag sale

Comments

Well now, this is just killing me!!
Have fun, you lucky duck!
bluehydrangea said…
Of course the world's greatest yard sale would have to be the furthest point form Wilmington, NC. Please take lots of pictures and buy lots of great stuff!!
Meg said…
i feel like this is worth flying to LA for. I move into my new house tomorrow. sans much furniture. I need to be at this sale! SO jealous! Happy shopping ;) can't wait to see what you get!!
Liza said…
Wow! If only I didn't live in Columbia, SC!
Unknown said…
Hi Megan
I wished I lived closer to take in the event.
BTW I am enjoying your round table conversations. Well Done!!!!
72 and sunny said…
I am telling you, I feel like I need to be an on the spot reporter at this one. "live feed from the designer tag sale" It's going to be quite an event. I can only imagine the tugging wars over some of these treasures!
Turquoise said…
And you should...just make sure you bring your video camera! LOL!
Now, that's my kind of sale. I so wish I could be there.
Thank you so much for posting this!
I'm really excited about hosting this event! It's going to be really fun... and fruitful in that amazing design kind of way.

Popular Posts