b4 it was cool

Gadi Gilan Presented by ACL x Cole, Rood & Haan Co. from Michael Williams on Vimeo.

Generally, I cringe when I hear people talk about living in a certain part of L.A. , S.F. {insert city here} 'before it was cool'. {pretentious much?} But, all is forgiven here, at Gadi Gilan's vintage American industrial lighting shop, 'B4 it was cool' on Houston street in NYC. His stock had me viewing this video over and over, pausing often, to soak in the fantastic-ness of it all. He has some great vintage stools, chairs and educational models as well.

Comments

mary said…
Pretty amazing! This man is an original. And not a lot of ego!
preppyplayer said…
I am planning my trip right now. I always say I'm going down to the LES for lighting and then I get to lazy, no more.
Jaime Rogers said…
Awww, literally right around the corner from my old apt in the LES, 1st Ave/ Between 6th and 7th...and I have been in his shop many times, thanks for taking me down memory lane;)

Best,
Jaime
Chic Coles said…
Thank you so much for this post.Looks like an amazing shop. Will have to run down and check it out.

Popular Posts