how ever you slice it, it's good

photo credit:: courtney barnes- stylecourt
Last week, while reading Stylecourt's post on Thai marbled papers, and how she was spotting them everywhere {above, used on the back of cabinet -an awesome idea} I felt like I was having one of those moments you have, when you've learned a new word and then it seems to appear everywhere.
I had been ogling, since last spring, dyed sliced agate necklaces. And everywhere I turned there was another. I mentioned this to Courtney, and we emailed back and forth a bit- she was thinking the same thing- that these beautiful, hand marbled papers resembled the {seemingly} ubiquitous necklace.
Because I've had them on my mind, and so many of you have emailed me, {stopped me while out and about}, about the Anthro necklace that I posted on last summer, I thought you'd enjoy seeing this little collection of dyed agate sliced necklaces.
They're big, they're bold, they're swirly and slightly O'keefian - and lucky for us they come in a range of prices.
This number by Gucci may have been the first eye spy for me. The color, of course is perfectly beachy and I love the gold findings used. These are, of course, yellow gold. Fit for a mermaid. Price upon request, which sort of means, 'if you need to ask, this isn't for you.'
The Stephen Dweck piece is pretty great too. I little 'safer' with it's natural color palette. Wait, who are we trying to kid, this thing is not for the timid dresser. And, it's on sale at Bergdorf's for $898.00 !! down from $1,795.00 It's gorgeous.
But then I was at my friend's shop, Tabula Rasa, and happened to look down into her jewelery case to spy this- Eco friendly jewelery by Laura Elizabeth. I actually might love this the most. It has the wow factor with the crazy color. It's simple , making it easier to wear with so many different looks. And the price is so right- starting at $260.00
If you're interested in the Laura Elizabeth necklaces, give Maureen @ Tabula Rasa
a call and tell her I sent you.
877-499-3385

Comments

Chic Coles said…
These are so beautiful...my favorites are the blue and purple.
Just gorgeous - i have a necklace with sliced agate and love it, but those papers!!!

I'm seeing it used behind a clear glass splash back in a white kitchen.

jules
TERI REES WANG said…
I place agate slices with in the stones of my back patio. Their color faded with the sun.

I bought an agate wind chime to remind me that what I really want is an agate chandelier!
Great post! and Oooh La La an agate chandelier would be amazing.

Love your blog!

Popular Posts