pretty pleasing

some days are just made for posting things like these. Posts that serve no other purpose than just 'pretty'.
Actually that's not true I think each one of these interior shots offers some little tidbit of inspiration whether it's the Rose Cummings navy "Zebrine" wallpaper (which I've always loved)
the always great, China Seas, 'Aga' wallpaper which looks great, paired with, what I believe is La musardière By Manuel Canovas (if I'm wrong, let me know) love the pinks, greens and dark brown together.
...............................................................................................................................................
We interrupt this post with a late breaking report. Reader 'Cyn' has just informed me that this is HER house! Luck.
She has told me that the toile is Quadrille's Paradise Garden { she, of kindred design spirit, is a big Quadrille fan } I'll let her tell you a little more...
"The exterior shot, the kitchen, the office, the dining room, living room, and the wet bar is the product of 2+ years of renovation. My husband is a green architect who did all the plans.
Our house is completely green, and we wanted to teach others that a you can be traditional/beautiful and eco-friendly - they are not mutually exclusive. The house we bought 7 years ago was a tiny ranch house that we compleletly renovated and lived in during construction - with a 4 month old baby! Yikes...." Cyn, thanks so much for letting us know about your amazing home. You've combined all of my great loves so successfully and skillfully. Big ups to you and your husband. ............................................................................................................................................................
or the tonal dining room with the painted floor.
or the ikea chair that looks chic and not cheap simply by adding a great pillow (beauty on a budget y'all)
All photos by Gemma Comas. Interior design of photos 1,2,3 and 5 are the work of Mona Ross Berman.

Comments

Diva Style said…
These look so crisp and airy! Looks like the perfect picture of relaxation!
Megan, Just came across your blog today...beautiful..clean and fresh. I love your posts. I am hosting a new link up party called centerpiece wednesdays and would love to have you join in. You can use any post that has a centerpiece of any kind. It is fun to see what everyone comes up with and to get inspired.

Karin
Nothing like pretty photos to get the creative juices flowing! That dining room makes me want to wallpaper every room in my house!
Mrs. Blandings said…
Thanks. I needed a little pretty. This does further the conundrum of marble v soapstone, however.
annechovie said…
Love these rooms, Megan. Thanks for posting. Have a super day. xx
Kelle Dame said…
Im smitten over here! I have always wanted a red door! These are amazing and so inspiring! my hubby is in trouble now!
72 and sunny said…
thanks Karin, I'd love to be a part of it. Sounds fun and a great resource too!

I think I lean toward soapstone because it's not quite as omnipresent. actually, I take that back. I don't know which I'd choose. they're both equally gorgeous. a conundrum indeed.

thanks Kelle!
Splenderosa said…
I get many ideas from the "pretty picture" blogs. Although the ones I like the best are professional women who actually "do" something which we learn more about by reading their posts. The blog world is awesome, I wouldn't put anyone down. xx's
Cindy said…
Very pretty. Love the pics, but the upholsterer responsible for that orange ottoman should be shot. Not even an attempt at pattern matching - so glaringly obvious. ARGH! Major pet peeve!
Cyn said…
GET OUT....This is my house that was shot by Gemma for Philadelphia Home magazine. Well, most of the shots you posted are our house - The exterior shot, the kitchen, the office, the dining room, living room, and the wet bar is the product of 2+ years of renovation. My husband is a green architect who did all the plans.

Our house is completely green, and we wanted to teach others that a you can be traditional/beautiful and eco-friendly - they are not mutually exclusive. The house we bought 7 years ago was a tiny ranch house that we compleletly renovated and lived in during construction - with a 4 month old baby! Yikes....

Our little boy, who will turn 5 soon did most of the artwrok that you see when he was 3 years old.

Many thanks, Megan for the showing these pics. Gemma Comas is a true talent!

PS - Mrs. B - That is honed absolute black granite and we love it (plus it was more budget friendly than the lust worthy soapstone).
Cyn said…
One more thing, the DR curtains are Paradise Garden. Can you tell I am having a Quadrille moment, I have it everywhere....

Thanks again!
Cynthia
72 and sunny said…
cyn GET OUT yourself!! this is YOUR house? I'm so glad you saw it and could fill us in on the details. Your home is SO fabulous. And I love that the art is your sons and that it's Green living.

Popular Posts