peace out






After a week of ridiculous amounts of rain, a crazy weekend in the mountains { 10 1/2 feet of snow - no joke }, our skies have opened up and we have blue again.

This may have schooled me to finally enjoy our, normally, sunny Christmases with the windows and doors open. All week I've had kids + dogs either,  bouncing off of the walls, amped up on Christmas energy or hovering at my shoulder..... "we're sooo bored"...."go outside" ....."we already did that"....." go make up a game"....."did that"..... "read a book"....... silence.....and it goes on.

Now, with the sun out, they're riding their bikes again, life is sunshine and anticipation. And I'm able to sit for 10 minutes at my computer. Merry Christmas +  Happy whatever you may be celebrating this weekend.

xoxo * M

Comments

Aimless Olive said…
Enjoy your blue skies, your family & your holidays! The card....JOYOUS! Love it!!!! :) xo
Karena said…
Megan Have a wonderful holiday with your beautiful family! All the best in the year ahead!

Joyeaux Noel!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena
Ashley Hasty said…
Such a fantastic photo! Love it!

www.ahastylife.com
Mrs. Blandings said…
Best Christmas card in the basket, hands down. Love to all you guys for the holidays.
Karen said…
Too true, I've often whined (as a native SoCal gal) that warm weather on Christmas just isn't the way things should be---but after contemplating building an ark mid-week last week I am grateful for the sun we witnessed yesterday and realized that, no, I couldn't realistically live in Seattle!

Merry Christmas!
Karen
mary said…
Merry Christmas and joy to sun. Have a wonderfully blessed time.
Darling colorful Christmas card!
Mary Ann
Happy Holidays Megan! Lovely photo... this rain...was charming for a couple of days but after a week not so much!( I just shared a laughable story of my rainy little shopping spree in Santa Monica before I left to see my family!) I am Sooo glad the sun came out and you had sunshine to enjoy at last!

xoxo
jessica Rae

{lovelyuglydesign}
http://lovelyuglydesign.blogspot.com/
Linda Merrill said…
Loved your card this year! And glad your weather cleared up. We're having a blizzard here! xxooL
Ivy Lane said…
Merry Christmas to you and yours...and cheers to a Happy, Healthy, Prosperous New Year!

I look forward to another year of wonderful posts on your fabulous blog!
Marie Brady said…
Your holiday card is.....amazing!!
Cyn said…
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas...Love your card.

Here's to a fantastic 2011, Happy New Year!
Cynthia
b said…
i agree. we have been "schooled" now to enjoy the sun glowing on the xmas tree.
merry merry.
JustJoan said…
Happy New Year Megan!
I arrived in SoCal during that rainstorm and was at Huntington Beach with my toes in the sand on the day of your post. It was so gorgeous. Very difficult to come home to freezing temps this week.
I'm looking forward to see what you're up to in 2011! Thanks for the inspiration! ~Joan on Bainbridge Island
Design Elements said…
Happy new 2011! May this year be your best yet!
Happy New Year! That card and your new header are SO fun!!!

Popular Posts