I told you I was wielding the golden pen over the weekend. Standing in the middle of the room, looking for things to gild, nothing off limits. Actually, this project was the impetus to the whole crafty-girl weekend I had with myself. I originally saw it on a dedicated email that I get from The Glitter Guide.com (know of it? if not, check them out. They're doing a great job) . It's a rose vase/bowl, inspired by the kate spade, Cloverdale, rose bowl. These would make great centerpieces (a bit smaller maybe) marched down the middle of a long table or similar sized on a round table for 10. Also, what  great vase to have on hand when you need to bring a friend flowers and want to give them something lasting as well.


1. Glass bowl via Michael's (ugh. sorry to make you go back to that stinky, crowded place.) $3.00 approx.
2. Sharpie gold paint pens - fine nibbled and broad nibbled 
3. I used a template that I had on hand, but you could definitely, trace 2 different sizes of lids, onto paper and use those to trace around. 

um. Honestly, you just trace, and color in. The whole project, takes under 15 minutes.  I used two different sizes and staggered them. Didn't measure, just eyed it. 

..............................................................................................................

Guess, what. There's one more project that I'll post about tomorrow. I mean, it's ridiculous what sorts of crafty things you can come up with and create given a bit of inclement weather. No wonder I was always sewing and making stuff when I lived in SF and Boston. 


Comments

Leslie said…
I'm definitely doing this project this weekend! Yours turned out so great. :)
Kelly said…
Frea.King.Fabulous. I don't craft, but I can sooo do this. However, I already put in my time at Michael's this week! WHY do they let their lines get so long??
Ergonomic Chair said…
You made the task look simple. I want to try if I can come up with the same results. :)

Popular Posts