My youngest and I took a quick trip up to SF over the weekend to celebrate, with her Girl Scout Troop, the end to five years of selling thin mints, giving back to the community and learning all the good things that come with being part of the organization. It's also the 100 year anniversary for the Girl Scouts, if you're counting.





Before joining the others, we had a day to ourselves and I took my girl to the Exploratorium, which is such a cool, hands-on science lab/museum.  As you can see above, it has its share of all kinds of cool things including a floor of creepy crawly stuff (which I kind of like for it's yuck factor)


I mean, look at this guy's office. I don't even know what he does, but I bet it's fun most days. And it's divided by a partitioned wall from the rest of the museum (which by the way is currently housed in the beautiful and historic, Palace of Fine Arts building) How great is that?



Also, as seen above, they have a photo booth. Which, for years, we've always ended our visit with. It's a great place to experiment your : 'fake laugh', ' all business face ' and 'put on your best vermillion, over the shoulder pout'....all while wearing camouflage.

............................





 Sunday morning rolled around and she reached into her pocket, pulling out a wadded up ten dollar bill (allowance money) announcing, that today, Mother's Day she would be treating me to breakfast. And so we made a visit to another SF institution, 'Sears Fine Food', where we had the best Mother's Day breakfast ever.




Comments

Sounds like you had a perfect weekend!

Thanks doll,
The Glamorous Housewife
cotedetexas said…
AWWWW, so cute!! loved this story.
Anonymous said…
How fun. I love the girl scouts and didn't even know it was the 100 year anniversary. I feel like I should do something to commemorate it. Teri

Popular Posts