waiting....

photo cred: callie shell, from the 'obama' series

Comments

Great picture. This waiting is torture.

I already went and did my part. Voting done.

Now I can go out and get free starbucks, donuts and ice cream :)
Linda Lou said…
Voted at 7:00am, 5th person in line, then went and got starbucks!! GO OBAMA!
Carrie Nicole said…
Love this picture. Not sure why but I have been really emotional about this election and about Obama's message of hope. This picture brought a tear to my eye, I feel more engaged in not only politics but in the issues that our country faces and wanting to make things better. I feel a true sense of citizenship more than ever and also a sense of companionship with my fellow Americans. Obama did that, not his positions on the issues, the person he is. He really does represent hope. I'm SO HAPPY and PROUD today!

(sorry for gushing all over the comments - that picture really got me)
72 and sunny said…
carrie! me too. my friend and I have been emailing back and forth about this. I keep getting choked up about exactly what you've written.

I loved this photo because you feel the man behind the campaign. You feel his earnest intents. You see him in his quiet time, exhausted but strong.

When I explain to my children, that my choice is about a bigger issue than our taxes. It's about healing on a national and world level.

I'll be a puddle tonight, either way, when watching Grant park.
Anonymous said…
Thank you for sharing this photo with us. This is the first time I've seen it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and praying he'll be victorious in this election.
Anonymous said…
love this picture!!!!
Anonymous said…
love this picture!!!!
I know everyone else is saying it, but what an amazing and moving pic. Thanks for posting it.... I hope tomorrow's post is all about an Obama landslide!
Anonymous said…
We've told our kids (13, 11, 8) that our votes this year are not cast in any way on the premise of self interest, taxes, etc.....
Like yours, Megan, our votes are cast to benefit the people who desperately need the support an Obama presidency will deliver.
When the salt of the earth thrives, we all do.
Anonymous said…
Thank you for not saying, "vote!" like everyone else. I am starting to find it insulting. Nice photo.

- jennie h.g.
Petunia Face said…
The wait is over! YES! YES! YES!
xo,
Susannah
72 and sunny said…
YES WE DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's 9:40 p.m. here in L.A. and I just sat with my two daughters, tear filled eyes, watching history.

I am so proud.
city pretties said…
I just came from a Bednar's house, Megan! We laughed, we cried, we kissed George Bush goodbye.

My faith in the American voters has been restored.

And you're so right it's more than taxes. So right!
Visual Vamp said…
Woooo Hooooo! I mean WOOOOOO HOOOOO!
Yes we did indeed!
I am so happy for all of us!
xo xo xo xo
Unknown said…
Ahh - this picture - so amazing.......it just gives one HOPE!!!!!

So, I honestly don't really watch Oprah, but on my way to Noggin today, went by the channel and she was wearing a T-shirt that said, "Hope Won." I WANT ONE!!!

And I am so addicted to your blog. I love it!

Thanks!
Cathy

Popular Posts