I'm so white

Some of you may have seen my Manhattan Beach bungalow on apartmenttherapy.com last fall. A bit autumnal. Cozy when there's a chill in the air. An eat warm soups sort of place. lots of color everywhere. Which I love. But now, with summer upon us, the windows open, the screen door banging, little sandy, bare feet in and out, it's time to change the palette up bit. Out with the leather, masculine sofa and Kilim rug (thank god!!!) in with the sisal (overstock .com -greatly discounted) and lovely, modern sofa from room and board . Now look a little closer...see the pillows? cute, right? Target. Kid you not. Target's the shizzle these days. This fabric swatch (not from Target) is a beautiful linen with an embroidered coral detail. I'm going to have a few big pillows made of this. I've also added more mirrored items such as that lamp to the right of the sofa. I was inspired by my Ebay find of the groovy 70s place mats that sit on my IKEA coffee table. Also I like what the reflective qualities do for a small space. Future plans include, new slip covers for the chairs. This time in a 'Les Indiennes' theme--a white linen with a, wood- block type, Indian print in blues. Also, I'll be replacing the window panels. I'm thinking I'll go to IKEA and buy some basic white, duck cloth panels and then embellish them with an edging of burlap. I'll keep you posted on the transformation. So far I'm loving all the white.

Comments

I love how you've incorporated the Victoria Hagen cushions. I saw them last week and was quite impressed with the way they felt and the filling was down like, very nice for the price.
Anonymous said…
Megan! The couch, the white and colors...all of it, so soothing and out-of-the-sun comforting for the full-day beach days. Love, love, love it. And totally dig the site. Well done!

xxoo,
Karen
Anonymous said…
Absolutely GAWWWWW-GEOUS! ;)
72 and sunny said…
thanks you guys! yes,I agree with you decor8, they're actually pretty well made. they don't feel super stiff. I can't wait to get my new slip covers. i visited the fabric swatch today ( at the work room where i'm having them made) they're SO great. can't wait to bring them home.
Natalie said…
Just web surfing and came upon your blog. Don't know you from Adam, but I love your decorating style. Very clean and inviting. The white couch and pillows look great.
72 and sunny said…
thanks natalie! I hope you'll continue to stop by.
Anonymous said…
Found you off Decor8. I'm in awe. Do you take interior design questions on your blog if I were to email you pics of MY living room?

Either way, you're inspiring.
Thanks!
72 and sunny said…
yes. yes, missy! i'd love to see your living room! thank you for you nice words of support.
Jillian Frances said…
Megan,

I did see you on apartmenttherapy last fall, and I love the transformation! I am thinking about getting that couch...do you find it comfortable?

Jill
72 and sunny said…
it's really comfortable actually. some don't like loose pillows, but i like that you can move them around to create enough room for two people to lie on it (most important in a sofa). i also love the square arms. important design element i believe.
Anonymous said…
oooh, I'm so excited. I will email you them this weekend after I get my camera charged and snap some photos. THANKS!

Popular Posts