Monday, May 19, 2008

doll house chair to room

last summer, my children unearthed a box of my old doll house furniture. all of it has quickly found a home in the calico critter community residing in their rooms. the other morning, i stepped on something sharp and found this little chair embedded into my heel. my head immediately went to work creating a room around it. object: vintage doll house chair.
1. turquoise art deco saluki statuette 2. doll house furniture 3. italian table lamp 4. faux leopard game table 5. pagoda lantern 6. greek key table

8 comments:

Carolina-loony said...

Really? My Mom steps on Calico Critters all the time (and breaks them!). I think there should be a tv in front of that chair. Where did you get that great chair?

Leslie (Reclaiming Miss Havisham) said...

I hate it when people's dollhouse homes are better than my real life home

Style Court said...

Very inspired Megan. I love how you mixed the gold and leopard with the turquoise. One of your best!

Sparkie said...

I have the selfsame chair! More separated at birth... I thought it was one of a kind.

Jessie said...

Great collection of items... makes me want a life-sized turquoise sparkley chair in my house anyway.

beachbungalow8 said...

doesn't that sparkly chair look zsa-zsa ish? i had one doll that looked like a smelly old lady. i used to make her sit in that chair.

sparkie....you HAVE/HAD that chair? that's just bizarro. did it come with the matching sofa?

Sparkie said...

I have it now. I have a miniature chair collection (think tasteful & quirky, not precious & creepy). So it was given me as a gift prolly 10 years or so ago.

katiedid said...

Nicely done! I would not be surprised if we see this chair popping up in a magazine for big people within a year.

the B to the Log

it's all about me, really.

My Photo
Manhattan Beach, California, United States
editor | interior designer | podcast personality | social media pollinator