fer the luva jason

*UPDATE*
MAC...you have officially redeemed yourself.
after speaking with someone who, may or may not, have looked like this:
{very sweet but of little help to me}
and then being transferred to a guy who, may or may not, have looked like this:
{also very sweet but of little help~and may have been a tad baked}
i started to lose my temper. having learned my lesson, i remained calm and reasonable... affable even. and my self control was rewarded. i was given the private number of the most helpful mac guy in the history of dead hard drives. and he actually has pull at apple stores nation wide.
good people of the blog world, i share with you my wealth. i give you:
JASON.
{who may or may not look like this}
seriously, you'll want to save this one: ready?
1-800-275-2273 {that's apple}
after all of the prompts press 89
extension 84374
this guy actually had 200 dollars worth of free software waiting for me at my apple store, and then sat with me on the phone as i installed, laughed at his canadian accent, installed some more, chatted about the new iphone, and through it all, he was a scholar and a gentleman. i tell you. i'm back on the mac love train.

Comments

Great post! I'm laughing out loud! I am a devoted Mac person as well, so I'll be keeping Jason's number on my desk! Gotta love it. Still laughing...thanks...
cotedetexas said…
in your dreams he looked like that - he probably had long, greasy stringing hair with all kinds of piercings and tats - have you actually seen a Mac "genius" lately?
72 and sunny said…
uhhhh. ya, joni, you're right. i sort of kind of wanted him to look like someone in this ballpark. he had a very kind, 'good looking' voice, none the less.
Regardez Moi said…
hahahahah! that post was perfect. i'll be laughing about that all day.
MaryBeth said…
That was hilarious. I never would have gotten Jason's number (PS thanks, I have added his number to my phonebook with stars next to it) because I would have been throwing a hissy fit in the middle of the store.
Keep up the great work, so enjoyable. xo MB
Dianne said…
Well, talking to #3 makes me want to buy a Mac.
Glad you got your mac problems straightened out, but I gotta tell you - you are one of the funniest people I have ever known - or should I say "I have ever read"! Also, I LOVE The Office and so enjoyed seeing Jim this evening! Big thanks for the information on mac help.
katiedid said…
Too funny! Glad you are back in bizz. Now where are those vaykay pics?
Anonymous said…
Laughing out loud. I just had that info. tattooed to my hand. (along with the photo, of course)
Katherine said…
priceless information--thank you! i just wish it had come a week and a half ago before i paid some guy way too much to nurse my dying ibook g4 back to life. next time--which we all know there will be--i will call this lovely jason fellow first.
Always In Style said…
I'm in love...with this post, and the Mac guy!
Teal Chic said…
you are so lucky. i had to buy a new laptop because the mac guys i talked to weren't willing to help!
city pretties said…
You have my sympathy, having to use a PC. Ugh.

As for the Mac Geniuses here, they're actually pretty hot in the Plaza store! It's actually a pleasure to have to go in there for something (although, as I knock on wood, I haven't needed to for a long time).

I'll remember your methods. I don't have the patience of a mother!
Anonymous said…
You are a riot! too funny. I just found your blog after a string of clicks and I love this post! we all relate and even if he does have greasy stringy hair . . . he's still got the nice voice and as long as we never have to video-chat we can stay delusioned!
72 and sunny said…
agreed! nobody needs to see the man behind the curtain afterall.
Richie Designs said…
that's a great source! I love when help desk people redeem themselves.
franki durbin said…
I'm pretty certain that I too have talked to the half-baked guy. Whats that you say? Half of customer service is that way?

Seriously, glad you found your love again for Mac. We'd have been sad to lose you to the dark side :)

Popular Posts