surf lodge

i think i may be bi.
bi~ in the bi polar / bi coastal way. when i lived on the east coast, i pined and whined for the west coast, and now with feet firmly planted into the *imported sands of the west coast.... i dream of east coast beaches. mal content? more like a lover of all things sand and surf.
and it's sort of hard not to want to hit the hamptons, surfer style when there's a place like the surf lodge in montauk. the 32-room hotel is located a half-mile from the beach on fort pond in montauk { i love the painted room numbers~ very lifegaurd stand-ish} if sun bleached floors, a chill vintage vibe, surf art, and a 2,500 sq foot indoor~outdoor lounge doesn't make you all dreamy eyed for east coast surf...
catch a cameo by top, schwing, chef~ sam talbot, who has taken the helm as excutive chef of the restaurant.
it's true i'm fickle about my love for both coasts but then..... maybe it's just a phase.
*few know this fun factoid: as with many things "L.A.", some of the beaches of southern california were 'enhanced' with sand from hawaii.

Comments

Erika said…
I'm with you on that one. i imagine a more romantic lifestyle on the east coast rather than the west coast.
Project Ecoart said…
Great post! I was looking for inspiration for our new retail store and this is great stuff! I totally get why you would be pining for the east!
Regardez Moi said…
um, i'd go there just to see Sam. I'm having a love affair with him. He just isn't quite aware of it yet...
I ♥ You said…
this is too funny! i posted on the exact same thing this morning! it does look heavenly!
Oh my oh my. Ever since I heard about Surf Lodge I've wanted to check it out. So tasteful. So beach-o-riffic. As you know, on the East Coast it's so hard to find an inn/hotel/lodgings that's appropriately old, beachy, gray, and saltboxy but doesn't have that overdone Victorian chintz blick.

Why don't you join me at the bar with Sam for a drink?
72 and sunny said…
let's all go. let's sit on that deck and drink beers. it all sounds so cool and surfs up.

i heart, i 'm hopping over to your blog right now...
Jessie said…
"I might be bi."

Quite possibly the most perfect opening sentence to any blog post.

Ever.
Anonymous said…
If I didn't know you, I would feel betrayed. I know, it's a personal problem.
Fifi Flowers said…
WOW... I've never heard that about So Cal sand and I've lived here all my life... it took blogging to teach me something new... thanks for the trivia.
J.Covington said…
Bi-ESP is definately floating around...I've been itching to move back to the west coast...but that would be the 3rd time I did that. Hmmm. Hot feet syndrome?? Time to leave the anchor in place, and I'm loving the lobster for now!
Visual Vamp said…
OMG I miss the Hamptons! You're killing me with this gorgeous place LOL
Catherine said…
Looks fab. I want to be there now instead of in front of my laptop!

Popular Posts