Wednesday, January 13, 2010

found::

Found, while in New York, in the deep recesses of a winter coat I haven't worn in a million years. I , blindly, fumbled with this all week assuming it was an old match book or something. Finally I pulled it out of my pocket and unfolded it. An original business card from Alessandra Branca's boutique in Chicago, circa 1990 something.
I remember going into this shop everytime I'd visit, and keeping the card because it was so cute -with its hand stamped detailing- and because the store was an absolute favorite of mine.
My friend Joni asked me, if I ever met her while in there. You know, I want to say 'yes, I did' because I feel like I do remember a cool/chic looking blonde woman being there when I was. But who knows, probably wishful thinking.
I'm just relieved to know that apparently I had much better taste in some things, than I remember having, in 1990 whatever.
**btw, I did email Alessandra the scan above and she replied :
"Yes, that was my store on Rush!!! Brings back great memories to me too to hear of it. I miss it sometimes... Thank you again for including me on the blog... Happy New Year!!! A"

9 comments:

BonjourBruxelles said...

this is beyond cool. makes me want to finally dig through those kate spade handbags or even an old coach i never threw out. love those unsuspecting personal surprises (tray-zures).... although i'd probably just find an old taco hut chit or something.

Mrs. Blandings said...

I pretty much always remember your having good taste. There in the periphery.

northsidefour said...

My pocket hoarding makes Jack crazy but I love pulling out the winter coats every year to find what treasures may have been left behind. And this is a wonderful treasure, and a beautiful place.

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

Too funny, yeah 1990 was a tricky year for some! (like me!!)

Renae said...

What a great find....love it!
I tagged you on my blog.
xx

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Fun story. Almost as good as finding a fifty in your pocket!

Karena said...

It is exciting to come across special finds, a photo in a book, money tucked in a jogging pocket etc.
Megan you have great taste!

beachbungalow8 said...

ya, I have to admit, I sort of like finding the 'free money' in the pocket better than anything else.

Splendid Market said...

I love finding a great find (memory) like that in a long lost coat pocket!

the B to the Log

it's all about me, really.

My photo
Manhattan Beach, California, United States
editor | interior designer | podcast personality | social media pollinator