more things to do on a rainy day....

Stumbled across this great, DIY blog tonight. The girl is fearless with her cheap, diy projects. And when I say cheap, I mean, she didn't want to foot the bill for an electric saw to build a pelmet box, so she used FOAM CORE. Foam core and DUCK TAPE. And it turned out amazingly, well:
Oh, and here was the thing that piqued my interest initially,
A small Bombay chest from Homegoods, that she silver leafed. Really easy project. Don't go over to this blog until you have some time. And when you do, search her DIY section. You'll be headed over to craig's list and your local craft store, faster than you can say 'Eddie Ross'
oh, and if you're in that DIY kind of mood and somehow missed Jennifer Boles' {Peak of Chic} bathroom re-do. Go check it out. You'll be warming up your glue gun with a whole new gusto.
and to add to the list, another elegant and spine tingiling DIY project by Patricia {Mrs. Blandings} here

Comments

Splendid Willow said…
Oh no! I don't dare.. This could be bad for my marriage. More fun projects to take on - just what I needed! Oh well, it's raining here too - I am heading over! xx Monika
a lovely being said…
that pelmet box is a-m-a-z-i-n-g. I can't believe it was a DIY!
Gwen Driscoll said…
Why can't I be DIY? I guess my patience needs to grow a bit more. Every time I try something it doesn't seem to work out quite right. Hope you have a great week.
Great blog for sure, the small Bombay chest was work of art...
Anonymous said…
Jennifer at Little Green Notebook is a superstar. Some of her transformations are pure magic.
J said…
Great blog! Thanks for sharing...I'm moving into a new apartment and that pelmet box will be one of the first DIYs I do!
preppyplayer said…
Sigh.
I need a creative bone in my body, however I am very good at appreciating other's creativity:)
Jenny at LGN said…
Thanks SO much, Megan!! I'm so flattered you're enjoying my projects and posts!!

Hope that rain has cleared up for you!

jenny

Popular Posts