what I'm obsessing on this week: white, fiberglass wicker

Pieces Inc, owner, Lee Kleinhelter's dining area as seen in Cottage Living
It's always something, isn't it? painted floors, new head board, new wallpaper. The itch to change things around. Bring something new into the space.
For awhile I've been loving the beachy, vintage Palm Springs/Beachy feel of white, fiberglass, wicker furniture. Of course, updated with some kind of kicky summertime surf's-up, lemonade's served - kind of fabric.
Courtney {in(side) the loop} matched hers with a bright Grass Green>>
{oh, courtney, I do miss your old pad}
Krista Ewert loves herself some fiberglass wicker too,
seen here in this month's HB>>
photo credit:: victoria pearson and in her own home>>
paired with Peter Dunham's 'Fig Leaf'
Of course { and not only because I adore these girls } Hable Construction is always the perfect pairing for an environment that feels like, summer and pink lemonade>>
and the well loved and oft used, prints from Quadrille:
Allan Campbell's, 'Deauville'
Allan Campbell's, 'Saya Gata' in any color would do it for me.
but loving a lot of color I'd go with this one>>
Roberta Roller Rabbit's wood block prints will change the look entirely and give you more of a boho chic vibe:
Atlanta based, Pieces, will occasionally have these vintage 'pieces' in stock.
Oh and also, I've found that Master Wicker is an easy resource if you don't mind that they're new and that you'll have to re do the cushions. pronto.

Comments

Michelle said…
I have been thinking about these chairs a lot lately! I want them for my patio!!!
TERI REES WANG said…
I just spied a bar set in Venice, CA.

A little clothing shop "Diosa" on Abbot Kinney that also has various vintage, and retro-new 70's style chairs..mostly.
katiedid said…
Love. Do you think a chewing puppy would destroy these in minutes...or could I get through the summer? Perhaps I should wait a year.
Ivy Lane said…
very lovely... but LOOK OUT! if fiberglass wicker is not sealed on a regular basis..especially the outdoor furniture... it is very itchy and painful if the raw fiberglass gets into the skin...trust me...my brother has some..it is in bad need of sealing..
eileen said…
After seeing some chairs on the Pieces site, I've been on the lookout for some fiberglass wicker that I could afford for literally years. Just a few weeks ago, after a shortcut through the parking lot of the lamest consignment store ever, I scored two of these bad boys for $50 apiece. And they're perfect! All I have to do is make cushions for them.
Gramercy Home said…
Great call on the RRR block-priint paired with the chairs. Love the look.
Ann said…
OMG love this post. I actually had torn the pink picture out of that patio - loved it. Love the first picture. Drooling as I type.
Simon Says said…
Uh oh...you've inspired me. Look for upcoming new outdoor furniture from Belle Chasse Home...with some UV-fabric cushions in my designs...
Holly said…
I LOVE them. Just got a vintage 3-piece set in stock - 2 original side chairs, table base & original fiberglass top (which I'd never actually seen before!) Had round cushions made in white Perennials fabric and touched them up with a bit of white high gloss - they're delicious.
Sarah said…
Love all these, especially Lee Kleinhelter's home from Cottage Living and the Krista Ewart dream cottage in this month's House Beautiful. The wicker chairs are really something!! thanks for sharing...oh, and I LOVE Hable Construction's green pea...yummy...
Meg said…
I'm DYING to see your new floors. I bet this whole redo is going to be fantastic. These chairs are super fun and sexy and perfect for your beach bungalow! Now...your "railroading" fb status updates have me dying for pics. what fabric are you railroading and on what? Spill the beans and stop keeping us from waiting!!!
v.cool chairs, and would be perfect with the fig leaf print! jx
Shorely Chic said…
the krista ewart photo is TO DIE FOR! The surfboard in the background is just so cool and chic...
Shorely Chic said…
Love the Krista Ewart one!! The surfboard in the backgound just makes the photo that much chic'er :)
Rebecca said…
Clearly, I am not alone. Of course, I still need to choose a fabric!
Anonymous said…
I'm so glad to see this post! I recently bought a set with the table and 4 chairs just like the one in House Beautiful!! So exciting!! Of course I haven't had the cushions made yet but now you're motivating me to get busy!! Love all your fabric choices too, of course!
Sally Wheat
FYI. There were fiberglass benches where I worked. They looked great but after a while, the glass became embedded in our skin which made us itch and was not comfortable. The furniture you showed is beautiful.
nancy
RAENOVATE said…
usona's twist armchair totally fits the bill. http://www.usonahome.com/detail.aspx?ID=4073&ndx=-1&categoryid=18

Popular Posts