worn





  1. Plaid Wool Jacket, with detachable, faux fur collar - Goodwill + H&M
  2. Leopard i phone case - J.Crew
  3. Vintage snake skin + brass bangle - Etsy
  4. Vintage brass bauble bracelet - Etsy
  5. Gum Shoe - Sperry

..............................................................................................................

For the past month, I've been disciplining myself to sit down, once a week, and make-art. I'm not sure why I even have to force myself to do something that, in the end, brings me great satisfaction. But for the past several years, I've all but given up painting. Illustrating has always been one of the few things that has always come easily to me. I've never been one to take the easy road, though, and instead like to fill my life with challenges - or rather, I take this gift for granted.

This time of year, is one of reflection and of being thankful for all that we have. It almost seems sacrilege to me not to embrace our innate abilities and outwardly express our own uniqueness through creativity. On the other hand, it's not always easy to stop, slow down, get in tune with that inner creative light that burns in each of us. Sometimes we have to make time - if only for half an hour.

I want to propose a challenge to you: Once a week, make time for yourself, sit quietly and create, using  whatever medium you feel most comfortable.  There is no judgement here. Just create freely with  the knowledge that self expression can never be wrong. Post your art/recipe/writing/sewing/music  etc...on Monday.   Then, let me know via a comment, and I will include a link with my own  Creative Monday post.

I hope this provides inspiration, whether you participate or just become a weekly on-looker to the challenge. xo

 

Comments

joreyhurley said…
I was wondering if you had drawn this and the teacher conference yourself! They are FANTASTIC! Pretty please make it a weekly feature!
Leslie said…
I love that idea of sitting and doing your craft for thirty minutes once a week. I don't even know what my craft would be, but it's such a good idea to devote time to it!
Gwen Driscoll said…
Love this & yes, have given myself the same challenge for the new year. Somehow I create & design every day but not in the pure sense of this special piece. Beautiful! So proud of you!

Is this w/ pen or paint or both?
72 and sunny said…
Jorey - thank you!! coming from you, that means so much.

Leslie - if you come up with something, let me know and I'll link to it

Gwen - this is just water color and gouache (an opaque water color ) nothing too fancy or it might not get done.
Sarah said…
Great work, really pretty Megan - me, I can draw a pretty good stick figure, though my art classes when I was in design school did give me some hope. I will have to think about this challenge. Merry Christmas to you and your family!! ;-)
I love this idea and it is so true and your sketches have been fabulous...

Xxxx
Christina
Hey Megan, I have a closet full of craft and art supplies and never use them as I always feel I am too busy. what a great idea and inspiration. Happy Holidays!
Cindy
Diva Style said…
This is fantastic! Can't wait for the next installment! Great challenge, too!
cecilia said…
Megan,
I was wondering the same as Jorey last week when I saw your watercolor of the Parent Teacher Conf. outfit! Talented gal. These would be great framed prints, notecards, or calendars! I like the idea/challenge and will try to participate one of these Mondays....
Happy Holidays to you!

Popular Posts