surf side





New house = New teen bedrooms. First up, the 13 year old surfer chick. Not to get all, West Coast/LA on you - this kid is my Pisces. My little fish. It's all about the water....that and the salt in the air/sand in the hair/don't care attitude. I wanted to give her a space that was as down to earth, playful and reflective of the Cali-girl that she is.

To make the headboard, I found a beautiful piece of wood at Home Depot, bolted it to the wall and pasted on a, found, surf photo from the 70s. If you do this, make sure to get the anchors and large bolts. ( Otherwise, Flat Stanley ) If I had it my way?  I'd have made the image a bit funkier. Something like a Jeff Devine shot. But it turns out that this little fish, has all of the 'p.i.t.a. client' personality traits that sometimes come with this biz. My hands were tied.
 ( Her room recently had a camp trunk explosion so I can't take a photo of the finished product just yet )

resources>>>>>


2.  Boone Light fixture by Park Collective (another fave lighting source is Omega)



5. Gold bean bag by Nneka Okorie (the one in picture is only avl in Canada)
6. Kalixx shelving Ikea

Comments

Popular Posts