my second time

and so my fame continues to flourish (what's with the caps again?) i was just notified, by an L.A. reader, that i am getting even more face time over at craigslist. this time the los angeles version. i'm bi-coastal with my fame it seems. has this really been discontinued at ikea? no way.

IKEA Docksta tulip table - modern, white, fantastic, perfect condition - $100


Reply to: sale-362514380@craigslist.org Date: 2007-06-28, 4:58PM PDT I have one of the apparently no-longer-available-in-stores Ikea Docksta tables. This table has been lauded by the design community as a great way to get an affordable version of the $1500 Saarinen tulip table at an affordable price. Here's one blog post that talks about this table: http://beachbungalow8.blogspot.com/2007/05/ikeas-tulip-table-knock-off.html I bought this table for my office in January, for (rare) use as a small conference/meeting table. We never ate on it. It's in great shape; buyer must pick-up, of course. I also have 4 Ikea green chairs we used with it; they weren't a "set" but made a fun, modern pop of color with the white table. You could have the table & chairs for $125 (chairs were originally $40, table $149). Also in perfect condition. I'm happy to sell them separately or together.

Comments

CB2 has what I think is identical to the Ikea version for $169 (slightly more than the Ikea version, right?)
Here's a link.
yes I saw this table at Ikea. They did a very good job with this table. It looks a lot like the Saarinen tulip table only without the marble.
Wow! Craigslist loves you...that's great. Although, a shame about the table, cause I wanted one, but at Ikea prices :(
72 and sunny said…
yep the ikea one is, 20 less. but i just checked, they haven't discontinued it. the ikea nearest me has them in stock. oh and julie, the saarenin table comes in a myriad different styles. you're right about the marble top--there is that one and it's a beaut. i grew up with one that had actual petals. they also come in an oval shape. it's just a classic. anyway you look at it.
Calie Durant said…
That's funny! Gotta love craiglisters!

Popular Posts