FYI, I sent my youngest to summer camp a few weeks ago.  A first for both of us. I cried the first few days (more teary shaky voice stuff than anything).... and the last few days too, with a touch of melancholy in between. I checked the camp's website like, 2-10 times a day, making up stories as to why she was, say, sitting on the dock by herself. Healthy mom stuff.

 Two weeks up and I finally get to speak to her. The first thing she said over the phone (voice hoarse from screaming whatever you scream 'round the campfire ) , "Mama! I want to stay for FOUR weeks next year!!!".....what. ? ok, ya I know, I should just feel good that I'm raising a confident girl. whatevs. I'm glad my girl is back, her room's a mess again, even more boy band posters have been added to the wall...life continues in the land of pre-teens and teenagers and I have all of my ducks back in a row.

................................................................................

have a chill weekend.

Comments

Ivy Lane said…
Love this post! Have a Great Weekend!
Unknown said…
Love the top poster! Love the blog! I always wanted to go to summer camp!
4 weeks next time! It shows that she had a great time and she is able to handle many things without mom's help, she's growing up with a lot of confidence indeed and that's great

Popular Posts